Financial stewardship is integral to Christian discipleship. We serve a generous God who also calls us to be generous. The most basic biblical principle for giving is the tithe—giving the first 10% of our income back to God. When we give, we demonstrate our willingness to trust God with our finances, we help provide the resources which the church needs to do ministry, we invite God’s blessing on ourselves and others, and we honor God as the ultimate owner of all things and the provider of all we have.
We strive hard to make the best use of the funds that you and others give to Maple Grove Covenant, and to model wise and faithful stewardship ourselves. So here’s a quick overview of the areas which our current annual budget supports:
- Global Missions. The first 12% of our income is dedicated to supporting ministry and missionaries outside MGCC and our immediate area.
- Staff and Personnel. The largest single portion of our budget goes to supporting our pastors and staff through salaries, retirement contributions, health insurance, etc.
- Ministry Program Expenses. Every week, we strive to provide well-planned and well-prepared opportunities for worship, learning, and service. Money which you and others give to MGCC helps cover curriculum and other resources we use for children’s and youth ministries, worship music, special events, child protection, and leadership development.
- Operational Expenses. These are often the least visible, but they are also important. Utilities, maintenance, office supplies, building repair, and mortgage payments all add up as well. While we cannot do ministry without them, we strive to make wise short-term and long-term decisions to be as efficient in these areas as possible.
There is no one “right” way to give, and some methods work better for some people than others. But here are the options we have for you to support MGCC either through regular giving or special gifts.
- Online Giving is the safest, most efficient, and increasingly most common way to give. You can give electronically by following this link or by using our church app.
- Through the Mail. If you prefer to use paper checks, we are glad to receive those as well. You can mail them to the church using our mailing address on our contact page.
- In Person. We still have an offering box in the Sanctuary where you can deposit your tithe or other gift on Sunday morning.
God says a lot about giving and generosity in the Bible. There are many ways people give, but perhaps the most basic principle of giving is the tithe—giving the first 10% of income to the Lord. The tithe isn’t the biblical “ceiling” for generosity, but it is a significant starting point. Here are ten reasons people have identified to tithe—or to even give more than a tithe if they’re able:
- To acknowledge God’s ownership (I Chronicles 29:10-18).
- To build our trust in God (I Timothy 6:17-19).
- To help create opportunities for ministry (II Corinthians 9:6-15).
- To demonstrate God’s wisdom about finances (Acts 20:35).
- To support those who serve (I Timothy 5:18).
- To foster spiritual growth (I Timothy 6:6-10).
- To honor God (Proverbs 3:9).
- To respect our own ability (Deuteronomy 16:16b-17).
- To invite God’s blessing (Malachi 3:6-12).
- To join God’s work (Philippians 4:10-19).